Monday, November 9, 2015

Sweet Jalapeno Salmon Review.


For the last few months, the only time I cooked salmon is when I made the Seattle Asian Salmon Bowl. Which has been a delicious bowl, but a different salmon recipe had to be tried. Salmon is a great fish to cook. It's very forgiving for those of us who aren't very good at cooking fish. This recipe was very easy to make. The other good thing is that if you've been cooking for any amount of time, you probably already have most of the ingredients. When I went to the grocery store, I just needed to by the jalapenos and salmon. That makes for a cheap dinner as well as delicious. Yet another benefit from trying these fantastic recipes. The stock pile of ingredients start to build and the more meals you cook, the cheaper they become because you already have most nonperishable ingredients.

This recipe comes from Skinny Mom http://www.skinnymom.com/sweet-jalapeno-salmon/


This is my dish. I think it's a total win comparing the original to mine - and I'm still not a photographer. This recipe was followed closer than any other I've done so far. Absolutely nothing was changed, and it came out fantastic. There are a handful of different fish recipes that I follow. What I've noticed is that they all have a very unique taste. This dish is no different. Boiling the jalapenos in the lime and honey mixture takes the majority of the heat out of the jalapeƱos leaving them with a combination of honey and lime. My wife called them candy jalapeƱos which is incredibly accurate after you give them a try.

This is the first time I've cooked a fish in a pan. Every other time I've cooked my fish in the oven. Originally I thought it was just easier but after tonight, cooking in a pan is not only easier, but quicker. Some years back, a good friend of mine gave me a grill pan. Until tonight, the only thing I used it for was to cook bacon. Now it has a new purpose. Look at those grill marks on the fish - Yeah, that came from a pan - a grill pan.

If you try this recipe, follow it closely the first time, you won't be disappointed. Right now I don't think there's anything I would change. But as always, if changes are made, please let me know. New cooking ideas are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment